Friday, August 1, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog!

I began my beading journey at the tender young age of 14. Twenty-six years later my love for making jewelry resurfaced. I've used beads in my collection that I've moved and stored over the years. Some of my beads originate from vintage pieces of jewelry that are carefully and lovingly dismantled, then they are used in "new" pieces created only by me.

Schooled as a graphic artist and illustrator I became charmed once again creating one of a kind beaded and lapidary pieces in 2002. I create all my work in my home studio in Jamestown, North Carolina.

My jewelry is handmade, and of my own designs. I think "fun" and "spontaneity" are reflected in my designs. I believe in the healing properties of gemstones which is why I like working with natural components. Materials used are subject to availability. I do not make the same thing twice, they might look similar but, are different variations. You can be sure that the piece you purchase is unique. I use the best quality sterling silver beads and findings. Great care is taken to ensure that each piece is made to become a treasured favorite.

CUSTOM ORDERS gladly taken upon request. Please email me with your request. A response to your request will be made within 48 hours. *Please see my payment policies and methods of payment at www.makdesigns.etsy.com

Pictures are enlarged to show detail. Please feel free to contact me if you would like more size specifications. Colors on monitors vary; I attempt to make the pictures look as realistic as possible on my monitor, but it may not match yours.

COPYRIGHT on all original designs is held by MAK Designs. This includes photos of the item as well as the item itself.
Thank you!

We ship USPS First Class Mail.

Want to see the artist behind the jewelry?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/makdesignsetsy/

No comments: